Health and Wellness
“Since both in importance and time, health precedes disease, so we ought to consider first how health may best be preserved, and then how one may best cure disease.” – Galen (C.170 AD).
Preventive medicine isn’t a new concept, but it is the future of healthcare. At Grinnell Regional Medical Center, our efforts are focused as much on keeping you healthy as they are on healing.
Optimal Healing Environment
Family Care Services
- Exercise When a Loved One is Hospitalized
- Dining Options
- Finding a Calm Place (Art/Bird Aviary/Meditation room)
- Prevention Measures – When Not to Come to the Hospital
- Detection Screenings
- Dental/Lead Screenings for Children
- Hand washing and Preventing Germ Spread
- Immunizations – Flu, Child, Adult
Public Health Services