Empower yourself to overcome physical limitations. We have the experts to get you moving after sports injuries, work injuries, illness, and accidents through a carefully planned therapy regime, designed just for you and your health goals.
Grinnell Regional Medical Center offers inpatient physical therapy, and outpatient physical therapy clinics at GRMC, Postels Community Health Park, and Montezuma Medical Clinic. Our staff also work with and support Grinnell Regional Home Care and Hospice teams as they provide care to clients.
If your insurance allows you to be seen through direct access (without a physician's referral), you may qualify to just pay the co-payment. Our goal is to make your rehab seamless, affordable, and successful in addressing your health needs.
Our areas of expertise include:
- Aquatic therapy: Water exercise program that lessens physical stress on joints and bones for chronic pain and arthritis
- Body mechanics education: Therapy that teaches individuals proper lifting and posture
- Craniosacral therapy: Gentle treatment that uses the body’s natural rhythm and self-correcting process
- Custom prosthetic clinic: By appointment, prosthetic and orthotics by certified orthotist
- Gait analysis: leg length discrepancies, pelvic imbalances, and core weakness
- Home health visits: In home physical therapy visits in conjunction with home health department
- Impact concussion testing: Baseline initiation, management and testing post concussion
- Mobility assessment: Wheelchair, lift chair, hospital bed, walkers, and other equipment measurements
- Muscle re-education: Muscle and movement re-education for gait dysfunction, weakness and post CVAs, post surgery, such as knees, hips, and shoulders
- Pain management: TENS units, an electrical stimulation for pain
- Sports performance: Core strengthening, agility, speed, strength enhancement, visual acuity to enhance decision making, Z-Health
- Vestibular rehabilitation: Exercise, testing
- Visceral manipulation: Program that releases tensile forces throughout the body including muscles, joints, bones, and connective tissue
- Women’s health: Program that treats diseases specific to women such as incontinence, pelvic pain, and back pain during labor
- Work hardening: Program that increases physical fitness so individual can return to work
Monday through Friday, therapists are available depending on your needs. Call the physical therapy department to schedule at 641-236-2364.