Did you know…
- Road injuries are the leading cause of unintentional deaths to children in the United States.
- Of those children ages eight and under, who died in vehicle crashes in 2014, 26 percent were not restrained by an age-appropriate device, such as an infant seat, booster seat, or seat belt.
- Children should ride in a vehicle back seat until they are at least 13 years old.
Thankfully, GRMC offers car seat safety inspections! Watch for dates of future car safety seat inspections. Here is what you can expect to learn at future inspections:
- You will learn if you are using the correct car seat style for your child;
- What car seat to use in the event that you have the wrong kind of car seat;
- How to properly install the car seat into your vehicle, including the direction the car seat faces;
- And how to seat your child in the car seat, using the correct placement for straps, clips, etc.
Like GRMC on Facebook and check the GRMC website (www.grmc.us) and be one of the first to know about our 2017 car seat safety inspections!