Grinnell Regional Community Care Clinic
Light Center for Community Health | 306 4th Ave | Grinnell, Iowa
The Community Care Clinic provides medical care for those who do not have access to healthcare providers due to financial reasons. The clinic is committed to patient’s rights, including the right to receive medical treatment without moral or social judgment and the right to privacy and confidentiality.
Patients who use the clinic will benefit from the clinic’s association to Grinnell Regional Medical Center. The Community Care Clinic is staffed with providers from GRMC staff. Nurses, social workers, pharmacists, and clerical workers are GRMC employees who also assist patients at the clinic.
Healthcare services provided at the Community Care Clinic are:
- Physical exams, including school and work physicals.
- Exams for acute conditions, such as colds, sore throats, flu, and ear infections.
- Maintenance for chronic diseases, such as diabetes and high blood pressure.
- Laboratory services necessary for diagnosis.
- Referrals to social services and other healthcare facilities.
- Additional medical care as available.
- Renewal of perscriptions
Community care clinic staff also provide patients with access to other resources.
You qualify to use the community care clinic if you:
- do not have health insurance
- meet income standards
Language translations are available electronically.
2 to 4 p.m., Every Thursday
To schedule an appointment or for more information about eligibility, call the clinic at