Mondays, April–November • 10-11 a.m. • Drake Community Library
Winter Schedule is once a month • January-March
GRMC’s Senior Education Program provides programs designed for adults–of any age–to extend their knowledge on healthcare issues, diseases, nutrition, community resources, current and cultural events, as well as less conventional topics like art, biology, history, or religion.
- September 9 - “Josiah Bushnell Grinnell and the Underground Railroad”
with David Connon, Humanities Iowa speaker
- September 16 - “Herbs, Supplements, and Your Prescription Medications” with Tracy Stanford, RPh, GRMC pharmacist
- September 23 - “Human Trafficking” with Nancy Walters Smith
- September 29 - “Our Love/Hate Relationship with Sodium” with Elaine Hammes, GRMC dietitian
- October 7 - Dr. Lauren Graham, Internal Medicine, Grinnell Regional Medical Center
- October 14 - Dr. Monica Brito, OB/GYN, Grinnell Regional Women’s Health Clinic
- October 21 - “Grinnell College Preschool” with Karen Veerhusen-Langerud
- October 28 - “Elders, Caregivers, and Community: How We Die Now” with Karla Erickson, Associate Professor and Chair of Sociology
If you see a program that interests you, please feel welcome to join our audience. If you have a question, please call GRMC’s Office of Communications and Development at 641-236-2954 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.